Can I trust pdfFiller?
We are thankful to every customer that uses pdfFiller to create and edit documents and look forward to serving those who are interested in what pdfFiller has to offer. In this blog post, we’ve collected some of the most common questions that prospective and current customers are asking. We hope our answers below will address your interests or concerns regarding the use of a paperless solution for your document management.
What is pdfFiller?
pdfFiller is a digital document management solution that allows users to create, edit, manage, share, and securely store PDFs.
pdfFiller provides the services of an online editor, cloud storage platform, and a signature request manager all in one package. pdfFiller allows customers to fill and send any PDF form online. Our users can access their entire document database, as well as search for documents online, find the forms they need in our library and share them directly from their device.
pdfFiller is part of the airSlate Business Cloud – a business automation platform that unites the power of 3 products and a library of legal forms in a single business solution.
The company itself was founded in 2008 in Boston, Massachusetts where the main office is located. Today, 78,340,441 customers are registered with pdfFiller and streamline their everyday document routines with our easy-to-use tools.
pdfFiller as a software with a worldwide reputation
Throughout the years, we’ve collected tons of reviews – from first time users to industry leaders of big-name brands who have successfully used our solution for their businesses. pdfFiller serves over 200,000 clients every day and we are happy when they provide their feedback.
This summer, pdfFiller was spotted in three categories on G2 Crowd.
- Products in the Leader tier for the Momentum Grid® rank in the top 25% of their category’s products by their users
- Leader Mid-Market. Products in the Leader quadrant for the Mid-Market Grid® Report are rated highly by G2 users and have substantial Satisfaction and Market Presence scores
- High Performer Mid-Market. Products in the High Performer quadrant for the Mid-Market Grid® Report have high customer satisfaction scores and low Market Presence scores compared to the rest of the category
Our clients are private businesses, government agencies, and charities in the United States, Europe, and Australia.
- The Town of Randolph’s Human Resources Department integrated pdfFiller into their workflow in order to resolve issues in their employment application process and to streamline cumbersome administrative issues within other town departments as well. With pdfFiller, The Town of Randolph can simply create or upload a form, add fillable fields, and distribute the link to potential applicants. All the applicants need to do is click on the link, complete and sign the form electronically.
- When FACS, a government agency in New South Wales, Australia, launched the ChildStory program, they found it challenging to manage legal documents because of the need to search through hundreds of pages instantly, black out personally identifying information and obtain electronic signatures.DaDaDocs by pdfFiller provided them with all of this without having to leave Salesforce, ChildStory’s main platform, while meeting strict security requirements. The DaDaDocs integration provided the agency with a complete PDF editor, e-signature solution and form generator within Salesforce.
Does pdfFiller represent any government organizations?
pdfFiller is not affiliated with any government organization. However, pdfFiller provides free access to millions of forms and documents. Some of these forms are documents used by government agencies. pdfFiller provides an opportunity to fill out these documents and is not responsible for how the user will use them in the future or whether they will be accepted by the state institution(s).
How pdfFiller ensures compliance
pdfFiller is GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and SOC 2 compliant in order to protect the private information of all users.
pdfFiller complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act’s hosting standards thanks to AWS’s rigorous adherence to the specific administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that HIPAA requires.
Physical safeguards include limited facility access and control with authorized access in place. Technical safeguards require access to control which only allow authorized personnel to access electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). Network or transmission, network security is the last technical safeguard required of HIPAA compliant hosts to protect against unauthorized public access of ePHI.
pdfFiller also guarantees full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for our European customers. This data privacy law regulates how businesses collect, process, and use personal data while giving individuals greater control over their personal data.
- Under this regulation customer documents and information are encrypted and accessible only by the customer. We also encrypt critical system databases. All of pdfFiller’s systems limit any personal information therein and ensure that sensitive data is encrypted.
- As part of our Terms of Service, we’ve incorporated a GDPR-compliant data processing addendum for customers where we serve as a processor of personal data.
- We’ve modified our vendor agreement to ensure that our vendors are in compliance with GDPR requirements.
- pdfFiller allows users to request the deletion of personal data and gives them the means to notify customers of requests from their users.
- pdfFiller staff are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of customer data. We’ve updated our training policies to reinforce our security and privacy policies.
- pdfFiller complies with major security standards and regulations such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOC 2, and the U.S. ESIGN act of 2000. These standards help us manage customer data, preserving security and confidentiality as required under the GDPR.
Learn more about pdfFiller and its capabilities with the pdfFiller Academy.
Is pdfFiller safe? What are the points of security?
Trust begins with security. At pdfFiller, we take the security of your data very seriously and have developed measures to give you the best data protection.
“pdfFiller acknowledges its customers’ need for security as a top priority,” said Eugene Gorelik, Director of Engineering.
“Early on, when the topic of data storage arose, we knew we would need a service that could not only meet our expectations but one that could scale with the rate of growth we were predicting. Data needed to be kept safe, but it had to be easily accessible as well. We’re proud to be able to deliver top-notch security combined with ease-of-use so that when users need to access documents stored on pdfFiller cloud databases, they’re only a few clicks away from being able to do so at any time, from any place.”
pdfFiller’s security standards cover the following points:
- Data encryption and storage
pdfFiller encrypts user communications with the NSA developed SHA-256 encryption algorithm which is used as a security standard in the medical and banking industries to protect sensitive data. User documents are stored on Amazon’s Simple Storage Service (S3) data centers, which protects them against any potential data loss.
- Digital Audit Trail
Every document generated, edited, moved, or shared has a unique digital audit trail that records specific identifying information: IP address, geo coordinates, browser version, OS information, and time stamp. pdfFiller’s audit trail ensures that each document is technically & legally sound.
- Two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication for e-signature identity verification and password-protected folders offers enhanced safeguards for sensitive data.
- Password protection
With pdfFiller, users can add an additional layer of security to your documents with password protection, by placing sensitive documents in encrypted folders and requesting recipient authentication.
The information customers give us – username, email address, fax number, names of files, and browser information – may only be used to provide services available at pdfFiller. We do not have access to and do not store our customers’ payment details, credit card, or PayPal numbers.
We retain the user’s information for as long as their accounts are active or are needed to provide services. Once a subscription expires, a customer’s documents are automatically deleted within 30 days. A user may delete his or her account at any time by visiting their My Account page.
Is pdfFiller free?
pdfFiller is a paid platform. However, all users who want to get to know our product can try pdfFiller’s features free of charge for 30 days.
Our free trial gives you the opportunity to try both our plans – basic and premium.
- The Basic Plan includes the ability to upload and edit PDF documents, send them, sign them, and request signatures.
- The Premium Plan provides you with increased security and advanced workflows for businesses – which includes reinstating previous versions of documents, hosting fillable forms on your website, or via a QR Code, requesting signature authentication certificates, and so on.
Once you subscribe for a free trial, you can switch between plans – from basic to premium – to see which features are the best fit for your needs.
How to cancel a pdfFiller subscription?
When you sign up for a free trial, we require a credit card number for security purposes.
This is a basic requirement. However, pdfFiller prevents any pitfalls with regards to adding your card number to our service. And moreover, we provide our users with risk-free conditions for their free trial.
- If you cancel your subscription before the last day of your free trial, no charges will be applied.
- You can cancel your subscription anytime by visiting your account or by contacting support (we never ask about your reason for canceling).
- After 30 days, the first payment is charged. But remember, we provide you with a 180-day money-back guarantee in case you’re not happy with our service.
- During your free trial period, you get 24-hour support.
How do I cancel my pdfFiller subscription?
- Log in on the pdfFiller website.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Choose the “Cancel Subscription” button.
- Follow the next steps to confirm.
How do I contact pdfFiller?
pdfFiller is committed to customer support and satisfaction. We don’t want our users to have any regrets about choosing our service.
You can contact our support by clicking the “Support” tab and choose between using the form on the right or by contacting us via our live chat. We have customer support representatives online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and we do our best to resolve all issues within 30 minutes.
pdfFiller changes the way businesses, government agencies, and individuals manage their documents. We strive to give our customers the tools they need to completely eliminate paper documents from their workflows. We’re proud to be an integral part of the digital document revolution. Besides improving efficiency, and saving time and money, making your documents paperless is the right thing to do for the planet. pdfFiller’s vision is to make a paperless future possible for everyone.