Fill a Document with Different Data Sets Automatically with Fill in Bulk
PDFfiller’s Fill in Bulk feature
Did you ever need to complete the same form several times filling it every time with different data? In the past, you would print several copies and fill them by hand. Alternatively, you could create electronic copies of the file and then open and fill them one by one. In any case, it was a tedious and time consuming process. Now, there is a much faster and easier way to carry out this task. Just use PDFfiller’s Fill in Bulk.
Fill in Bulk is a new advanced feature that enables you to automatically create pre-filled documents that you can email, print, or use with the SendToSign and LinkToFill tools.
1) Select a document in My Docs and click Fill in Bulk in the right pane.
2) Click Add Fillable Fields to create fillable fields for text, number, date, signature, photo, and checkboxes.
If your document already contains at least one fillable field, the program will skip this step. So, if you still need to create some fillable fields, return to My Docs by clicking Cancel, open the document and add fillable fields.
3) While creating fillable fields, use the Database Field Name to identify the fields that you would like to pre-fill. If you are going to send the document to others to fill or sign, you can create a label for each field that explains what to type in the field. Just type short instructions in the field named “Add some Text to Help” .
4) The Fill in Bulk page displays a table containing the file name and data fields. Each row represents a single task and will produce a single document. To create more documents, please use Add Task.
Fill the fields for each new document entering data in the respective cells and click Next.
5) In the dialog box that will open next, enter the name and description of the new job. PDFfiller will later create a new subfolder in the Fill in Bulk folder. The names of the new subfolder and of the new job are the same.
6) The Job List allows you to save generated documents and prepare them for distribution via SendToSign or LinkToFill or for downloading the documents to your computer as a read-only PDF.
Click Save to My Docs to save your documents with pre-filled fields to the new subfolder mentioned above.
Please note that the original document will contain the fillable fields that you added but without any data, so you will be able to use it again.
As soon as the program saves your documents, you will receive a confirmation email.
7) Any of the documents that you’ve created contains the fillable fields you added and the data you entered in the table.
If you like being able to fill forms using the Fill in Bulk feature, you might be interested in a range of other great features that PDFfiller offers. With PDFfiller, you can also create templates, make copies of documents, and convert PDF documents to the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats. Check out these tutorials to see the other great things that PDFfiller can do for you!