PDFfiller is now available as a Progressive Web App for Android. So what’s the point?
Starting this month, you can use PDFfiller as a Progressive Web App on your Android mobile device. And before you start jumping for joy because of this incredible news, we’d better tell you what a Progressive Web App (PWA) actually means and why it is really useful.
What are the benefits of these applications?
A Progressive Web App (PWA) is a web app that loads like a regular web page or website, but can offer user functionality such as push notifications, and device hardware access traditionally available only with native applications. In other words, PWAs combine the flexibility of the web with the experience of a native application.
A web application that complies with progressive standards will look the same on different devices. So users will feel comfortable using their phones as well as their laptops. They can intuitively complete the same tasks with less effort.
But to get the most out of the PWA, it should meet certain requirements.
Here are the main ones:
- A Progressive Web App should be…guess what? Progressive! This means that it should work for every user, regardless of browser choice, because they’re built with progressive enhancement as their core tenet.
- The app should also be responsive – fit any form factor, desktop, mobile device, or whatever else.
- Well, you may find it quite obvious but the app also should be app-like in the meaning that it provides app-style navigation and interactions.
- A Progressive Web App should always be up-to-date thanks to the service worker update process.
- And of course, it should be safe. But you don’t need to worry about this at all when using PDFfiller’s Progressive Web App for Android.
How to use PDFfiller’s Progressive Web App for Android
So now you can experience all the above mentioned benefits with PDFfiller.
You can add the PDFfiller icon to your home screen right from the web. When launched from the user’s home screen, service workers enable a Progressive Web App to load instantly, regardless of the network’s state.
This is how to start off:
- Register on PDFfiller from your mobile Android device
- See the pop-up window with Add PDFfiller to Home screen
- Click ADD
- Go to your home screen and find the PDFfiller icon
Click on the icon and enjoy all of the progressive PDFfiller features with the Progressive Web App for Android!