Declaring a Representative & Power of Attorney: Form 2848

Dealing with the IRS can be intimidating. You may decide you’d like someone more qualified, like an attorney, tax professional, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), to legally represent you before the Internal Revenue Service. Form 2848, also known as the Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative, will authorize your chosen person to receive & read your tax return, sign for you, and otherwise legally stand in for you with all matters regarding the IRS.

Note: When completing Form 2848, you must specify the particular type of tax that will be involved in your communications with the IRS (section 3); for example, you may specify “income tax” in the appropriate box. You also need to clarify the calendar year that your representative will be discussing with the IRS. For multiple years, you can use a hyphenated range, like 2009-2012 for example.

Click here to fill out, sign, eFax, and save your 2848 form. 

This video tutorial will show you how to accurately fill it out:

Thanks for stopping by! PDFfiller has everything to make this tax season a breeze.