Correcting Mistakes with a W 3C

Did you make a mistake that required filing a Corrected Wage and Tax Statement? Then you’ll need to file a W 3c too!

This tax season we are bringing you a quick summary of each tax form you’re going to need.  Once you have reviewed this information, use PDFfiller to help you fill your forms, sign online, and share, print, or email your completed form.  In this post we’ll cover when you need to fill a IRS Form W 3c.

Who needs a form W-3c?

Any employer who has made an error in filing their original W-3 or W-2 forms will need to file both a W-2c and a W-3c.

What is form W-3c for?

Form W-3c Transmittal Corrected Wage and Tax Statement is for correcting any incorrect information on previously filed W-3 forms.

Is form W-3c accompanied by other forms?

File a Form W-3c whenever you file a Form W-2c

When is form W-3c due?

Form W-3c Transmittal of Corrected Wage and Tax Statement should be submitted as soon as possible after you discover an error.  Also provide a Form W-2c to the employee as soon as possible.

Where do I send form W-3c?  

Submit your completed W-3c to the Social Security Administration at the following address:

Social Security Administration
Data Operations Center
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18769-0001

So now that you know what’s needed, save time by filling your W 3c form on PDFfiller!  And always feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions!!



Use PDFfiller to avoid mistakes and fill out all your forms correctly.
Get a 30-day free trial