Filing for an Extension with Form 7004

This post was updated in April 2018

We can’t all be perfectly punctual. Sometimes business can be unpredictable, and you may wind up needing a little more time to submit your business’ 2017 tax return. To request a deadline extension, fill out Form 7004 here. (Looking for an extension on a personal tax return? Click here.)

As long as you fill in the correct information on Form 7004, turn it in by the original tax return deadline, and pay any necessary tax funds that are already due, you will be granted a time extension of five or 6 months.

Want to know more about requesting an extension? Check out this informational video:

Let help you complete all your 2017 tax forms in no time. Our extensive library of forms and our handy uploader tool ensures that you’ll always have the forms you need, anytime, right at your finger tips.



File and submit any form in just a few minutes with PDFfiller.
Get your free 30-day trial today