IRS Form 1040EZ: File Your Tax Return with the Simplest Form Ever
With 2018’s tax season just around the corner, all U.S. taxpayers are up to their ears in paperwork for filing their returns. The simplest and the most time-saving way to report your taxable income to the IRS is to file IRS Form 1040EZ. This form is designed to report basic tax information. The form’s official title is the Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents. The basic eligibility requirements for submission include having no dependents, earning less than $100,000 of taxable income and no more than $1,500 of interest income.
Can I Use IRS Form 1040EZ?
The usage of Form 1040EZ is limited. As it is the shortest tax form in length, you are eligible to use it only if you fulfill the following requirements:
- If you are a single taxpayer or if you file your return jointly with your spouse.
- If your annual taxable income doesn’t exceed $100,000
- If the sources of your income are only salaries, wages, grants, tips, scholarships or unemployment compensations.
- If you earn no more than $1,500 of interest income.
- If you don’t plan to claim IRA deduction or student-loan interest (or other adjustments).
- If you claim only earned income credit (no other credits may be included in IRS Form 1040EZ).
- If you do not owe any wages or taxes from household employment to your employees.
If all of the above-mentioned statements are true, you can file your tax return with Form 1040EZ. Take into consideration that with this form you can’t itemize deductions or earn income from dividends/alimony/self-employment/capital gains. You are also not eligible to claim such deductions as charitable donations, premium tax credits, education credits and mortgage interest paid.
IRS Form 1040EZ Instructions
For tax season 2018, file your IRS Form 1040EZ by April 17th. The due date has been changed from April 15th to April 17th due to the regular date falling on a Sunday for 2018, and April 16th is Emancipation Day, which is a Federal Holiday.
With PDFfiller, the processes for completing and submitting forms are accelerated. Eliminate excess amounts of tax paperwork and make your return look professional. Generally, the form is easy to fill and has only two pages. The first page must be completed and the second one includes some instructions.
First, indicate the amounts of income you’ve earned, including wages, tips, salaries, unemployment compensations and interest income. Provide the income tax withheld from Form(s) W-2 and 1099, earned income credit and refund if available. Once the form is completed, signed and dated, send it to the IRS by the required due date.
Easily fill out and submit Form 1040EZ with PDFfiller!