Request Previous Tax Returns with Form 4506-T

Form 4506-T

Even though we may want to file our taxes and forget about them, sometimes it’s necessary to dig up your income tax returns from previous years. In most cases, it will be because you need to prove your income for a loan application. Regardless of the reason, the IRS provides an easy and free way to obtain old copies of your tax return with IRS Form 4506-T.

Called the “Request for Transcript of Tax Return”, Form 4506-T allows you to request a line-by-line printout of your tax return (such as a version of 1040, 1065, 1120, or other form) and have it sent to you, or directly to a third party, such as a bank.

The 4506-T also allows the IRS to send you previous filings of Form 1099-MISC, W-2‘s or Form 5498. Note that a Form 4506-T can only request up to four previous years of tax returns on the same form.

If you only need a copy of previous individual tax return (one of the Form 1040 series), you can use Form 4506T-EZ to simplify the process.

PDFfiller makes filling out forms like IRS Form 4506-T a breeze with its online editing and signing tools. Click here to start filling out your Form 4506-T now! And for further instructions on how to fill it out properly, see the video below:




Keep your documents safe in the PDFfiller’s cloud storage.

Get a 30-day free trial