Defend your Social Security Benefits with the SSA-632-BK Form

ssa 632 form, form ssa 632 bk, social security form ssa 632, ssa request waiver, ssa form 632, social security form ssa 632 bk, ssa form 632 bk, ssa 632 bk form, social security forms ssa 632, form 632, social security 632 form, request waiver overpayment

Request for Waiver of Overpayment or Change in Repayment Rate (Form SSA-632-BK)

Often, the Social Security Administration can appear to be overpaying disability benefits or social security insurance for a variety of reasons including

  • The family situation changed (e.i. the child moved out or began receiving child support, r the spouses got divorced, etc.)
  • The information provided on the initial application wasn’t provided correctly or to a full extent and because of this fact the situation has been misrepresented. ( the income in fact appeared to be bigger than indicated on the SSA claim)
  • The beneficiary is not disabled any more (in case disability benefits are considered), etc.

If or when the Social Security Administration becomes aware of overpayment, they will send the beneficiary a Notice of Overpayment telling how much the overpayment is and that the overpaid amount must be returned within 30 days.
In this blog post, we will tell you about Form SSA-632-BK, which is supposed to help the beneficiary cope with such a situation and give you more information about how to complete it.

Who needs a Form SSA-632-BK?
A person who has been overpaid by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for a legitimate reason should fill out the Request for Waiver of Overpayment or Change in Repayment Rate (SSA 632-BK) in case they cannot afford to pay the figure denoted in the SSA notice. You should also complete the SSA 632-BK form if you think that the overpayment was not your fault and you are not able to reimburse it.

What is Form SSA-632-BK for?
The Social Security Administration uses answers that you give in this form to decide if they can waive collection of the overpayment or change the monthly amount you must pay them back each month. You can be overpaid receiving financial assistance in one of the following programs:

  • Disability Benefits;
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program;
  • Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program.

The best way to prevent future overpayments is reporting all changes in financial, marital, or living situation to the SSA office in timely manner.

Is Form SSA-632-BK accompanied by other forms?
In the case you agree that the overpayment occurred, you do not need to fill out additional forms. You can ask for an inverse payments delay and changes in monthly payments via Form SSA 632-BK. But if you do not acknowledge that the overpayment happened or do not agree with the amount reported by the SSA, you should use the SSA-561-U2 for appeal. Remember that the SSA may request proof of your income and expenses.

When is Form SSA-632-BK due?
There is no time limit in which you have to file Form SSA 632-BK for receiving the waiver of your overpayment debt.

How do I fill out Form SSA-632-BK?
Form SSA 632 BK consists of eight pages. You need to provide information on the following topics:

  • The reasons why you are asking for a waiver;
  • Information about receiving the overpayment;
  • Your financial statement;
  • List of your household members;
  • Assets-things you have and own;
  • Monthly household income, expenses, and their comparison;
  • Financial expectations and funds availability;

Where do I send Form SSA-632-BK?
Signed Form SSA 632 BK should be directed to your local Social Security office. To find the nearest office call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).