How Does an Electronic Signature Save you Time?
Electronically Sign your Documents with PDFfiller
Have you ever needed to sign a PDF form? This used to be a time-consuming, multistep process involving a number of devices. You would have had to print out the form, complete and then sign them by hand. You would then have had to either return a hard copy of the form by post or scan the form, upload it and send it electronically.
Now, with PDFfiller’s proprietary program, you can make this once demanding process much quicker and easier. Just use PDFfiller’s editor to electronically sign documents in one easy step.
How to add Electronic Signatures to your Documents
To get started, upload a form to your account or open a document that has already been added. When you open the form, you will see a toolbar along the top of the page where you can find the “Sign” button.
Click the “Sign” button to open the signature manager, which allows you to type, draw, sign, upload, or capture a signature. PDFfiller verified signatures can be placed with one click and are automatically saved for later use.
- To type a signature, simply click the T icon and type your name. Your signature will appear in a handwriting-styled font.
- To draw your signature electronically, click the fountain pen icon and use your mouse or trackpad to draw your signature by clicking and dragging. You can also adjust line color and thickness.
- To sign the document with your finger, click the mobile device icon and enter your phone number or email address. Open the link you receive via text message or email on your phone and follow the on-screen instructions to sign with your finger.
- To capture a signature with your computer’s webcam, click the webcam icon and allow PDFfiller access to your camera. Then simply sign a piece of paper and hold it up to the camera so the signature fits inside the blue box. You can then choose to make adjustments to the scan or use the signature as-is.
- To upload a signature, click the arrow icon and navigate to an image of your signature already saved on your computer. As with signature capture, you can then choose to use the signature as-is or make changes. Available edits include crop, brightness, contrast, flip, rotate, and auto-adjust.
There is no limit to the number of signatures you can add to your documents. Your signatures will automatically appear in the signature manager, ready to be added. You can also remove any signature with the trash can icon.
Once you’ve placed your signature on the document, you can then move it using the arrow buttons or resize it using the tree icons.
To learn more about PDFfiller’s sign PDF online feature, watch the following video:
When you use PDFfiller to electronically sign PDFs, you create legible, professional-looking documents. And just as important, you save yourself the time and hassle previously involved in signing and transmitting documents.
If you like being able to electronically sign PDF documents, you might be interested in a range of other great features that PDFfiller offers. Some of these include adding pictures, sticky notes, drawings and drawings to your documents or blacking out or erasing text. Check out these tutorials to see the other great features PDFfiller offers!