National Handshake Day: make it the digital way today
Imagine it’s 500 BC.
Two men in sandals standing near the city square are shaking hands with each other.
It looks powerful. And actually, it is. This is because at least one of them is silently saying: Hey, I come in peace and I don’t have a weapon up my sleeve. Please feel free to check”.
And if everything ends without injury, then negotiations can take place.
Fast forward to the Medieval ages.
At a dedication ceremony, a master knight hands a candidate a sword, spurs, chainmail, helmet, spear and a shield. After the initiation, he reads several prayers and swears to observe the rules and duties of knighthood. The dedication ceremony then ends with a symbolic gesture – a blow to the neck. It’s considered that later in some English-speaking countries and regions of Western France, this gesture was reduced to a simple embrace or a firm handshake.
In 17th century marriage portraits, the handshake sealed a sacred and legally binding commitment. But during the Victorian Era, shaking hands was considered inappropriate and a gentleman never reached out to the lady. Etiquette manuals often included guidelines for the proper handshaking technique.
Regardless of grip, style and technique, handshakes have always been considered a symbol of trust. There have been many cases in world history when a basic handshake led to a peaceful resolution of a conflict.
But there should always be an agreement.
An agreement can include a wide variety of details. For example, it may be a contract with a partner, insurance plan, sales agreement or invoice. Regardless, trust is extremely important. And fortunately, at least in the digital age, it may be simply examined without the need to carry around a hidden dagger.
What does PDFfiller attach to the concept of trust?
When documents are digital and signed with a single click, there is no need to put paper in a frame or to use calligraphically to draw your name. The only required frame is a safe and reliable platform for your document workflow.
That is why PDFfiller exists. All the needed documents are already stored in PDFfiller’s library, and the ones you need for current use are stored in folders in your personal account.
No weapon needed! Just two factor authentication and audit trail.
PDFfiller offers its digital hand when you really need it:
- Negotiations are fully automated. Create documents with prefilled fields and track all changes made to them. With audit trail, you can see who has signed and when they performed any activity.
- Sign the agreements with your smartphone. Create your personal legally binding signature and sign the document in a few seconds from anywhere.
- PDFfiller has made sure that its services meet all HIPAA standards. So you may send your medical records without worrying about the security of your personal data.
- Keep your tax records organized. The IRS has determined that electronic records hold the same legal weight as hard copies, so now you can minimize the risk of document loss by keeping all your important forms in cloud storage.
- Integrate your collaboration with Google Drive, Slack and Salesforce. These services work together to increase your productivity.
And finally, there is no need to buy a pen. You don’t even need to meet your partner face to face and worry about establishing trust. You have already done it simply by using a secure and reliable service.